Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Corpus Chronicles Book 2 News

About half an hour ago I put the finishing touches on the first draft of book 2 of the Corpus Chronicles! I know it's been a while, so here are all the updates, and yes, I finally committed to a title.

- Now that the first draft is done, here is my expected timeline:

1. Self editing - through to the end of November (that is if I don't do NaNo this year)
2. Beta readers - I'll probably try and make sure they get back to me by the end of December, but schedules vary. Hopefully work based on their comments will be done by mid January.
3. Copy editing - will aim to be done by end January
4. Cover art! - My favorite part. This will probably take from four to six weeks to finalize, but the process might overlap with some of the final copy editing
5. At some point in here I will have to write a detailed book 3 outline to make sure everything matches up before I send book 2 out. Right now I just have about a page and a half covered with a messy jumble of ideas.

In a previous version of this post, I added a title release, but then I realized I wasn't ready for that kind of commitment.

As you know, schedules have a nasty habit of changing themselves around on a whim, but hopefully Book 2 will be in print very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment